Saturday, September 4, 2010

More on Clues of Paul's Future Plans

In my April 30th. post, I talked about Paul's song, Paperback Writer and how I thought that Paul was clueing people in on his future plans. 
John and George sang harmony on the song and it was Paul's idea for them to sing the opening line of Frere Jacques, a popular French-language children's song.  He also mentioned Edward Lear in the song.  Lear was most famously known as a writer of children's nonsense verse.
I believe Paul was telling people that after he left The Beatles later in 1966, he planned on living in France.  I am not convinced about a future intent to pattern his professional life after Lear, even though Paul later wrote Yellow Submarine, because that might have been a cover and the song was letting people know, instead, that something was going seriously wrong in his life.
However, Paul might have been telling people that Lear's personal life was similar to Paul's. 

        More on that next week.                  ---paulumbo

2 comments:

JasonTryp said...

I discovered your blog a couple of days ago, fascinating stuff. I'm hooked!

paulumbo said...

Thanks