Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Jose Feliciano's 1969 Song

There were several songs released during the Paul-Is-Dead controversy that began in October, 1969.  One of them was Jose Feliciano's song, So Long Paul that Feliciano recorded under the pseudonym, Werbley Finster.  The lyrics coincide with the lyrics of The Bonzo Dog Band's We Are Normal and Procul Harum's Lime Street Blues that I talked about in my June 19, 2012 post and with the "dream" Paul described in the New Musical Express interview of June, 1966 that I outlined in my August 17, 2012 post.  Listen to the song at:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whAZ8aYztgU .

Here are some of the lyrics:

     I heard the radio the other day;
     I heard something that blew my mind.
     It was something that I didn't even believe atall:
     The news concerned itself with a young man everybody knows,
     And they said that he went, running, taking off his clothes.
     And I said, now, so long Paul, we hate to see you go,
     So long Paul after making all that dough.


Feliciano said in the song that he went to England and he knew and believed that Paul was still alive and that Paul had had himself  "a hard day's night."

Feliciano is hinting that Paul was removed from The Beatles.  The 1967 Beatles Christmas fan record with the famous refrain, "O-U-T spells OUT" suggests the same thing.

I think it's pretty conclusive that Paul was snatched up by the British government and held against his will.  The devil will be in getting the details---but they WILL be found.


                                                                                        ---paulumbo


 


No comments: