Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Is This Paul? I Think So.

I believe Paul was in and out of the group when they made their German and Far East tour in 1966. (More on that later.)
 
I think a good example of our Paul in and out of the group is their press conference in New Delhi, India on July 5, 1966.  I have finally found news footage of that in the Youtube video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSwLIkcRhTw beginning at 3:03 in the video.  Take a look.  The footage of "Paul" with the striped tie leaving the plane at 3:11-3:17 in the video could very well be a replacement.  In contrast, at the New Delhi press conference footage between 3:36 and 3:46 in the video, Paul with what looks like a lei around his neck is, I believe, our Paul.  Paul was definitely in New Delhi at that time--see my post of October 10, 2010 that has a photo of Paul and George and an Indian musical instrument dealer.

And again, take a look at The Beatles' "Manila incident" interview beginning at 4:30 in the video I mentioned above.  Although I've read other comments saying that this man is our Paul, I think he was NOT.

They could have been "breaking in" Paul's replacement on that tour--giving him experience on a tour and getting fans used to seeing different images of Paul.  Blurring the lines, so to speak.

No comments: