Tuesday, August 9, 2016

A Small Reconsideration On My Last Post

In my last post I concluded that our John's real first name was Edward.  Check my 1/31/14 post, "The Moody Blues' Message To Eddie" where I discussed the Moody Blues' backmasked comment on  Eddie and also talked about George's and John's remarks about Beatle ED and Faul's [the group's last Paul] song, "There You Are Eddie."

Well, duh, since everyone is talking about Ed and Eddie, I decided the full name must be Edward.  Upon reflection (as they say), I thought of other common full names for ED:  Edgar, Edmund, and Edwin. 

 I did a little checking in the UK FreeBMD (Birth, Marriage, Death) directory.  I searched  the common English surnames of Smith, Jones, Taylor, Johnson, and Brown for births from 1940-1945 and found, while Edward was the overwhelmingly favorite first name, a fair number of boy babies had Eddie, Edgar, Edmund (and variations), and Edwin as the first name.

So if you are doing research on our John, keep that in mind.

No comments: