Thursday, April 21, 2016

An Update On My Primer For Listening To Backmasked Songs

In my January 22, 2016  post, I described how I listen to YouTube video songs backwards.  I have found a technique that sometimes improves the vocal clarity of the track.  Here it is:

1.)  When you have your track on Audacity, before you reverse it (#22 on my January 22nd. "tutorial"), click on the "effect' button at the top, scroll down and choose "vocal reduction and isolation".

2.)  The "vocal reduction and isolation" box will appear.  The first line of the box says, "action:  isolate vocals",  Click "ok".

3.)  It will say "applying vocal reduction and isolation".  This takes about half a minute. 

4.)  Then, again, click on "effect" at the top of Audacity.

5.) Click on "reverse" from the list.

6.)  Plug in your earbuds, click on the green triangle play button, and listen to the backward track.

This doesn't remove all the instrumentals, but it does provide clearer vocals on some songs.  Give it a try.

No comments: