Monday, April 23, 2012

Other Voices, Part 2

(Note: My last post was published on April Fool's day (just noticed that), but the post wasn't meant as a joke:  backmasking is real.)

Now . . . I started listening to songs from 1967-on backwards to see if there were "echoes" of references to Paul and I found five of them.  I was going to put them all in one post, but I'm pulling out the first one (chronologically) that I found because it involves The Rolling Stones and the replacements for Paul and John and, from the backmasking I found, was not about what was going on with The Rolling Stones, but, instead, was definitely about Paul.

The song is We Love You, that the Stones recorded as a single on June 12, 1967 and released on August 18, 1967 in the UK and September 2, 1967 in the US.  There was a promotional film made of the single that supposedly depicted the problems the Stones had with a drug bust in 1967.  But when I listened to the song backwards, I found them singing:
     at 2:22:         "he walrus"
         2:53-2:58: "Paulie"
         3:01-3:07: "Here Paulie"
         3:26-3:30: "Paulie"
         3:33-3:39: "Who's Paulie"
And at the end of the mono version of the song:
         0:02-0:11: "Paul . . . ah, he's dead."


The B/Featles' I Am The Walrus was recorded September 5, 1967 and released as a single November 24, 1967, so the Stones song was out before The B/Featle's song was even recorded.
Also, the replacements for (our) Paul and John sang background on We Love You.

The promotional film was about an arrest of a man and a trial.  Some of the lyrics played forward are:
     We don't care if you hound we
     And lock the doors around we . . .

My theory is that Paul was being forced out of the group and was planning an exit in the way of an escapeI think he had an accident--whether it was a real accident or whether he was forced off the road remains to be seen--and I think the English "authorities" got their hands on him and never let go.

                                               
                                                                 

No comments: